Cereals manufacturer with constant commitment to quality
Belourthe’s customers work with us with confidence, knowing that behind our technology stands a solid quality system. The system is oriented towards granting that all procedures – fabrication, filling, storage, delivery – comply with strict quality standards
The BRC System
Belourthe quality system is certified by the British Retail Consortium (BRC).
The system is a reference for quality assurance in key European countries.
The BRC system is based in a detailed HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) analysis, which ensures the critical points are identified and the food safety is granted. A yearly audit guarantees our compliance with the BRC standards is being met, before the certificate can be renovated.
The Belourthe staff is trained to abide by the BRC system, and follow strictly the required hygiene norms.
The factory has safety zones where entrance is limited by a badge system.
In other areas, considered as “high hygiene zones”, entrance requires hands disinfection and shoes protection.
The IFS Food Standard is a GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative) recognized standard for auditing food manufacturers. The focus is on food safety and the quality of processes and products. It concerns food processing companies and companies that pack loose food products.
IFS Food applies when products are “processed” or when there is a hazard for product contamination during primary packing. The Standard is important for all food manufacturers, especially for those producing private labels, as it contains many requirements related to the compliance with customer specifications.
Belourthe is registered to and accredited by the Belgian Federal Agency for the Security of the Food Chain (AFSCA), which inspects the factory two or three times a year.
Any of our cereals can be HALAL.
Safety and environmental management
Belourthe uses safety and environmental management system to bring safety and environment into work practices. We are concious that our main asset is our personnel and we put in practice a policy to manage risk and ensure security at all work levels. We also focus on the responsible use of natural resources and the preservation of the environment.
Other quality assurance facts:
- Internal audits verify in permanence the efficiency of the quality system
- Audits are performed by us on our suppliers, as to ensure the Belourthe’s clients’ specifications are rigorously followed
- A tracking system permits to identify in a few seconds the suppliers of raw materials of any product batch, as well as the clients to whom these products have been delivered
- Highly reactive client support service
Quality control practices
We constantly control the quality not only of our raw materials, the working processes and finished products - but also of our equipment and work environment.
- Packaging verification
- Raw materials verification (physical and chemical parameters – humidity, proteins, fats, grading, allergens)
- Only the quality control team can release raw materials
- Control of heavy metals, pesticides and micotoxine
- On manufacturing:
- Working in process products (sugar percentage, fat content, temperature, humidity, color, bulk density, …)
- On filling:
- Visual control, cleanness, weight, residual oxygen rate, metal detectors control, sieves control …
- Overall process:
- Control of the CCP (Critical Control Points), cleaning efficiency control, glassbook management
- Products specifications delivered and followed up by the quality control team
- Only the quality control team can release finished products for delivery
- Microbiological tests: total germs flora, pathogenic germs, etc.
- Physical and chemical tests
- Sensorial tests
- Allergenic tests (for gluten free items)
- Control of the quality of the air in the environment
- Control of the quality of fluids (water)
- Preventive pest control 12 times / year
- Control of the efficiency of the cleaning of the equipments and the infra-structure
- Regular calibration of all measurement equipment
- Metal magnetic detectors in the filling lines
- Magnets at the milling and dry mixing lines